SCREED FLOOR HEATING SYSTEMS
Invisible heating that saves energy
Warm feet all through the winter! With energy-saving floor heating, you’ll not only have warm feet, but you’ll also save on heating costs. The water-bearing floor heating is installed invisibly in the floor and distributes the warmth over the entire floor. In this way, it heats the room evenly and creates a comfortable room climate. PLUS: unsightly radiators are no longer needed.
As a low-temperature heating system, with floor heating, alternative, energy-saving systems such as heat pumps, biomass or thermal solar energy can be used. The Variotherm floor heating systems naturally also function with gas or oil.
All about the product
A cosy, warm home
With floor heating, cold stone, tile, laminate or wood parquet floors quickly become warm. No more cold feet! And not only that: floor heating brings a cosy temperature to your home and comfortably heats corridors, kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, living rooms and indoor swimming pools.
Where can floor heating be used?
Ideal floor coverings for floor heating
In general, all types for floor covering can be laid on floor heating, whether it’s stone, laminate and multi-layer parquet, ceramic covers, linoleum or carpet. It’s important that the floor covering is suitable for this heating system according to the manufacturer’s information.
Note: The thicker the covering, the longer it takes for the floor to warm up. For example, tiles and natural stone have a high thermal conductivity and heat up quickly – the room soon gets warm.
Constant energy saving
With water-based floor heating, the aluminium multi-layer composite pipes (VarioProFile pipe) are laid over the entire floor area. This means that they use the entire surface area of the floor to evenly heat the room. And: Floor heating is a low-temperature system and operates within low flow temperatures of between 26 and 38 °C – depending on the outside temperature. This saves energy and money.
By comparison: due to their small size, radiators only emit heat at certain points in the room and therefore need a flow temperature of up to 60 °C.
Save on heating costs with radiant heat: Thanks to the cosy radiant heat, the room air temperature can be reduced by up to 2 °C compared with convection heating systems. And we still feel comfortably warm. Every degree less saves around 6% heating costs for every heating period.
Floor, wall, ceiling – the perfect trio
For an all-round cosy room climate, we recommend a combination of floor, wall and ceiling heating.
Wall heating provides a larger exchange area for heating and cooling than floor or ceiling heating – the radiant heat is easy to feel.
For hot summer days, we recommend wall and/or ceiling cooling. Instead of hot water, cool water flows through the pipes at a temperature of 16-20 °C. Rooms are cooled to a comfortable temperature, in silence and without forced air. Floor heating is not entirely suitable for cooling.
One system – many benefits
Barefoot through the winter! No more cold feet with floor heating. Your home will become an oasis of wellbeing – in the living room, in the bathroom or in the cellar. With floor heating, you can walk barefoot through your home all winter long.
The benefits for you
- Invisible heating – no more bothersome radiators
- No forced air – no dust disturbance
- Every heating system is suitable as a heat source, whether it’s a heat pump, wood pellet, biomass, solar, gas, oil, etc.
- Comfortable warmth thanks to perfectly heated floors
- The temperature can be regulated individually for each room
- Saves up to 25% annual heating costs
- 10-year guarantee
Are you looking for different systems that can be installed for different building requirements? We can meet your needs with our four complete systems: the VarioRast, VarioFix, VarioClip and VarioRoll. We have developed the extremely durable VarioSolid for industrial areas such as large halls.
The benefits for you
- Evenly distributed warmth
- Five complete systems from a single source
- A matching manifold system
- Free advice and service – laying of the system, including laying plans
- Energy-efficient, low-temperature system
- Many different floor coverings possible
- Every heating system is suitable as a heat source
- Corrosion-free heating pipes (aluminium multi-layer composite pipes)
- A family-run Austrian company
- A pioneer in surface heating and cooling systems, with 40 years’ experience
- 10-year guarantee
State of the art architecture: anything is possible with floor heating. Large window façades, large-area walls, and attractive floor coverings. No more bothersome radiators, and maximum design freedom.
The benefits for you
- Invisibly installed in the floor – for more planning creativity
- Free of forced air – also suitable for medical buildings
- Silent – can also run during the night
- Controllable via smart technology
- Single room regulation possible
- Low energy costs
- A pioneer in surface heating and cooling systems
Does floor heating have any disadvantages?
- The purchase costs are higher than those of standard radiator heating systems. However, if you take the ongoing heating costs into account, these are up to 25% lower with floor heating. This means that surface heating pays off within just a few years.
- Not every floor covering is suitable, although there are numerous covers that can be laid on a floor heating system. Ceramic tiles and natural stone are highly suitable due to their ability to store and conduct heat. However, parquet, laminate, carpet and linoleum are also possible.
- Compared to drywall construction floor heating, screed floor heating takes somewhat longer to warm up. The reason is that the heating pipes are not as close to the surface, and the thick screed first has to warm up. Once the floor is warm, it can store the heat very effectively.
- Furniture, carpets and other coverings can reduce the heating performance of the floor heating.
- Floor heating is not very suitable for cooling. However, if floor heating is combined with wall or ceiling cooling/heating, the room climate also remains comfortably cool during the summer.